Skip to main content

Stripes for Just Add Ink and a CASE for GDP#040 - Something old and something new, nothing borrowed but something blue

While this card is made with not all Stampin' Up! products it is a blend of old and new, nothing borrowed but something blue.
Next weekend is the Handmade Expo Markets here in Rockhampton and I always like to have a stash of wedding cards. This is one which I think fits the bill for both these challenges.

The GDP challenge #040 is to CASE  the Designer and using Shawn de Oliveira's card I have reversed the layout to have the long strip and ribbon accent on the left.


I am really glad I purchased the new Falling Flowers and May Flowers bundle. The stamped images are crisp and clear and the framelits are magic.

I have heat embossed in white both the leaves and berries onto Naturals White cardstock (wish they'd bring this back), and also one onto some pale DSP which I had left over. Then I coloured the berries with my blender pen using Mint Macaron. The die cut leaves are from the same set of framelits and I used some shimmer white paper which I had watercoloured for another project.  - don't you get a sense of satisfaction from using up scraps and leftovers - handy for those of us who struggle to throw anything away... I know I'm not alone here!!
The white accents are stamping up as is the seam binding and the scalloped thinlits die (sadly retired), and the Wedding Wishes is from the Rose Wonder set which has the most gorgeous fonts and sentiments - and framelits to match for a bonus.
As always I make a matching envelope and this is retired DSP from Venetian Romance - somehow apt for a wedding card don't you think?

I have made a few other cards using the Falling flowers and May flowers sets which are posted this week on this blog if you would like a few more ideas on how to use this set.


Thanks for looking,

  Liz

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful, romantic, card, Liz! The white-embossed and subtly coloured leaves and berries are so pretty. Lots of gorgeous detail. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, I do love soft colours!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful Liz. I love the pretty details you've added and the soft colour palette is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nikki, it's good to be able to participate again! Life gets so busy. I always look at Jai but don't often find time to join in!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful Liz! You've added so many little details and made them all work perfectly together! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the layers of all the different dies - I wonderful way to use them. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chantell, I am big fan of a cluster! (but not such a big fan of clutter - though you wouldn't think so if you saw my craft room !!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your kind words Shawn. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I was really happy with how this turned out too!

      Delete
  7. LOL< I've just started going through my old stash of scraps, so I know what you mean! Gorgeous card, very elegant and perfect for a wedding card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...