Skip to main content

CTC#83 I am totally grateful for....


Welcome ro the Sunday night CASEing the Catty blog hop. This week we are taking inspiration from the Chapter on Thanks, pages 38-43 in the Catalogue. You may have come from jackie or you may be starting here. We hope you find something to inspire you in these projects.

There are so many ways to say thankyou, but I don't think we send cards nearly as often as we should. I feel I have so much to be grateful for so I love to send Thankyou notes.
However, for this week I took inspiration from the fabulous packet on page 43, and I used this a model for  my Welcome Package at my Catalogue Launch Party today.




I had a lot of fun playing with the fabulous new set Falling Flowers. It has some really great images in it and I have had a bit of a play with it this week. (You can see some other samples with them Here and here)  There are matching framelits too which make life really easy but for these I just did some random collage stamping on the tags. The bags displayed various In-colour DSP papers and the new Navy Solid Baker's Twine - which comes in a spool like the thick twine but is only as heavy as the 2 tone regular twine. The paper was only adhered with a strip if sticky strip and a staple at the top so they got a sample piece of paper to take home.

The "Thank you so so much" is from the Scenic Sayings set which I was lucky enough to win at Onstage.  I thought Thankyou was appropriate because I am grateful to be able to demonstrate and be creative,  and I am grateful to my friends and customers for supporting me and sharing my enthusiasm  . ( or at least for letting me be a little crazy about it!)

I am also grateful to the many demonstrators around who share their amazing ideas so freely, and one of the things I found on a website recently was a groovy "New Catalogue Survival Kit". In the spirit of Copying and Sharing I have modified a few I found and came up with this list:

Each bag contained this list and all the things on it:

Wish list - though one page will barely be enough
Order form  - so you don't miss out
Post it Notes - to mark your favourites (again, these may not be enough)
Pen- to write it all down
Chocolate - don't really need a reason
Rubber Band- to help you stretch your imagination of all the things you could make
Band-aid - in case you get a paper cut in all the excitement flipping through the gorgeous pages
Napkin - to wipe the drool off your chin
Lifesavers - in case you are drowning in new ideas
A book mark - to make today with the new in colours
Five cents - so you can say you didn't spend your last five cents with me

And details of how to order in a shopping emergency.

We had a lot of fun, and I provided paper and ink and let everyone just play with whichever new set took their eye. They were  a bit hesitant at not having something to copy originally but the ideas started flowing as soon as they started playing.  Here are a few things the girls made - Heather used the jar of flowers, and Deb used Affectionately Yours




Don't forget we would love to see what you create too, and we are looking for new design team members at the end of this months contributions. So go ahead and link up with us.



Next on the blog circle link is Rachel



Thanks so much for spending the time to read my blog. Hope you find some time this week to be creative,

Liz

Comments

  1. Wow, what wonderful gift bags for your launch. I hope it all went amazingly well for you. I love your idea of giving a piece of DSP by not attaching it very much to the bag. Thankyou for sharing your awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, it was a really fun afternoon, I am grateful to all the other demos who share their ideas. I am looking forward to using this stamp set more.

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth, I just love your survival kit, what a crack up lol! I also love how you have decorated the bag with the thank you tag, I do love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, Nice to see you hopping around the Sunday night CTC hop. As I said it was;t entirely original but it was a bit of fun! I love that set too.

      Delete
  3. Your survival kits turned out so pretty! (So disappointed I wasn't able to attend). I really like the sentiment you have used (think I'll be putting this one on my wish list) and the fact I can see some washi tape on there too, well done. Shout out to Heather & Deb for their wonderful projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm sure your customers felt very spoilt!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you turned the card into a bag!! Hope your launch was a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used the sketch for your guest bags, they look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bags Liz, I love making them with re-usable 'bits' too. Love what your guests stamped too, what fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for