Skip to main content

CI#16 Manly Colours with a Feminine twist- and a Sneak Peak of some New sets!

Hard to believe another 2 weeks have flown by and we are back being inspired by a NEW COLOUR PALETTE for CI#16. It's a great combination which would be ideal for Father's Day but since I've already made a ton of Father's Day cards for the markets recently (You can check out some of those masculine ideas here and here) I found I was running low on feminine cards - how strange!
I have been needing to restock my market supplies of notecard sets and the new Pizza Boxes are perfect - and joy oh joy the 3x3 mini envelopes are BACK in the new catalogue (page44 with the pizza boxes).
So this is a matching set I've created this week.

The jar is stamped onto vellum and this is layered on a piece of acetate just to give it a bit more rigidity. I've glued these on with the thin foam strips designed for shaker cards. The cute little "with Love" is part of the "Made with Love" sentiment that comes in the new set "Labels to Love" I always decorate the inside, and I felt it just needed a little something on the front so i used my Basic Gray marker to freehand draw a little partial border.


You may spy a few new products in this set. The gorgeous new Champagne Foil (page 37) is stunning and looks fabulous with everything. Also new is a set called Pick a Pumpkin (page51) which has matching framelits. While I'm not envisaging that I'll use the pumpkin elements very much I fell in love with the leaves and the thinlits and I just had to have them.
The muted colour palette lends itself to a set of notecards that can be used for all occasions, and these go better at the markets for me than sets which are brightly coloured.

I like to include 4 notecards and 4 envelopes and 4 simple tags in each set. The tags were so quick to create using another new set from the catalogue- Labels to Love on page 45 with its matching punch - the Everyday Label Punch (page 12). I can see this being a fabulously quick tool for Christmas 
sets.
This is the full contents of the box.

 

I played around with lots of combinations but in the end decided that less is more and simplicity works best. 


The pizza boxes are very easy to fold and they are glossy on one side and mat on the other. I think the glossy surface is a food safe surface for baked treats but I liked the glossy surface on the outside for show! I decorated the top with leftover bits.
And here are a few sets packaged up ready for the markets this weekend. They make such a great little gift.


Thanks so much for hopping along today. I hope you are inspired to create something using these colours. Don't forget we love to see what you create and you have 2 weeks to share your creation with us on our Facebook page.
Next this week on the hop is - Rachel, well she's the beginning really! Enjoy all the creations this week. 




Thanks for looking, and remember

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"
Liz

Comments

  1. I've fallen in love with your notecard boxed sets. When my order arrives, I think I'm going to need to see what I can come up with. I'm so glad the 3" x 3" envelopes are back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pizza boxes are adorable Liz ... the perfect little gifts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. I love these pizza boxes too. Such awesome inspiration. I would like to case your gift card ideas. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely suite of projects Elizabeth. The colours work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little notecards and tags! I too am happy the 3x3 envelopes are back too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are all just so fabulous. Those note cards, the pizza box and tags - ahhh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness! You have been busy Liz. Such a lovely array of projects and the colours work beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMIGOSH, what a gorgeous project. I love that this is so girly but not pink & purple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects and great idea glossy side up when not putting food in there

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest lil set, so many possibilities <3 You knocked it out of the ball park again! Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...