Skip to main content

CTC#142 Thinking of You

Welcome back for another week. It's been a busy week here preparing for markets again here but I managed to create something for this week's look at the love and sympathy pages. I have chosen the sweet watercolour umbrella card on page 93.



My watercolouring is the sponge and splash technique (I've done that before and you can read more instructions here). I used a foam roller to layer on plenty of ink, then spritzed the watercolour paper with water, then splashed a bit more clean water on for good measure! The clean water lifts some of the colour off creating marvellous backgrounds.


The Watts of Occasions stamp set is so much fun to use, I heat embossed the images with silver and applied more Crushed Curry Ink with a sponge dauber.


Next this week on the hop is Peta

And before me this week is Julia


Don't forget we love to see what you create using the same pages for inspiration.


Thanks for looking, and remember

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"
Liz

Comments

  1. Such fun & bright cards! Will I ever know ALL the techniques out there? Your watercolour technique is one I hadn't heard of, I need to try it, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Megan - we are all learning from each other all the time! And the short answer is NO! because techniques get changed and modified and improved! I don't know what the real name of it this technique is but I've always enjoyed it. I coined the term back in January for the first Colour INKspiration challenges. Its super fun, you should try it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a stunning colour combination and just beautiful backgrounds. Thankyou for your beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia. The backgrounds just happened like magic! I have to say that Lemon Lime Twist is such a dark horse - I don't love the colour but it makes amazing improvements on lots of things!

      Delete
  3. Great card Elazabeth, I love your background technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bright, fun cards, Liz. Love the backgrounds, particularly the second one and the stitching is a great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Elizabeth. That watercoloring is amazing. I LOVE that colour combination together!!!!! And the cards themselves are just lovely and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of colour and the stitching is a neat twist. Great cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your water colouring Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing. I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fresh and fun colour palette this week Elizabeth! Love the blended colours on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Elizabeth. I'm off to read your instructions on how to do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMIGOSH! I have no words for how amazing that background is, none! The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning backgrounds! Fab as always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...