Skip to main content

CTC#192 Tranquil Texture


Welcome back for another week of catalogue inspiration. My inspiration has been fairly low recently so it's good to use the catalogue as a resource. It's also helpful to go back to projects you enjoyed and recreate them with different products ......or of course you could try some NEW PRODUCTS!!!

So that's exactly what I did when my box of new products from the coming Holiday Catalogue arrived. There's a lot of beautiful things to choose from but I tried to be realistic with this order. Today I'm giving you a SNEAK PEAK of a few items:

  • some gorgeous new Designer Series Paper."Frosted Floral" It's absolutely lovely and suitable for so many different projects.Shimmery on both sides and suitable for male/female/Wedding/ Christmas ....all sorts of occasions. It uses 13 different colours so it's amazingly versatile
  • some beautiful new Glimmer Paper- a pack of 24 sheets 3 different colours, Tranquil Tide, Merry Merlot and Copper
I also have a few new AMAZING embossing folders but I'll share them in another project.


I have actually CASEd the 2 cards in the middle of the inspiration banner this week- both of them have a full card front of DSP with elements over the top. 
Both my cards this week show the front and reverse sides of one of the sheets of paper. I love that the leaves could be gum leaves. I'll be using more of this over the next few weeks.

For the blue octopus card on the left I have used a square element cut from one of the Memories and More Cards, (there's so many great and easy ways to make your cards using those sentiment cards).  The flowers are from the Petal Palette set and the leaves are from Painted Harvest. I have stamped the images on Shimmer paper and then washed over each of them using my aquapainter.
For the leaves I copied the DSP and stamped in Pear Pizazz and then painted over them using Tanquil Tide. I love this conmbination. So effective.
There's also a strip of Soft Suede which has been run through my new Dynamic Corrugated embossing folder.

The second card uses vellum and a round Floral Frames element cut from the glimmer paper, and also uses the copper leaf circle from the Tea Room Copper Vinyl Stickers - these are really handy. Super simple but pretty effective I think.


And as a bonus I had some pieces lying on the leftover pile so I quickly layered these up for a simple note card. Now I just need to send them - have you sent any cards this week? I challenge you to write one and post it to a friend this week. You never know, it could be just the pick me up they need

The new Catalogue is available after September 5 - but as a demonstrator you can order from it already with a brilliant discount. If you'd like to see or know more just message me. There are loads of questions but I'm only too happy to help.

And as always we love to see what youare inspired to create using the same catalogue pages. Get inky and join us on our Facebook page.

Next on the hope this week is Rachel

and before me this week is Peta

I hope you have a creative week and remember,
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

-and do it this week (heyhey!)

cheers, Liz

If you'd like to see these products in more detail just click on the images below.
Product List

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards!! That glimmer paper looks stunning on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh its' stunning Bec, I can see lots of potential with all 3 colours

      Delete
  2. So pretty. I love what you’ve done with this gorgeous paper and what a brilliant way to show off the wonderful colours and design. The two tone leaves are fantastic. Thankyou for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, yese I love the 2 tone leaves too - copied straight from the DSP! Will have to try that for some other images.

      Delete
  3. I had to hold off ordering from the new Catty, but look forward to receiving my box this week. I'm looking forward to unwrapping that paper, and seeing it used in those lovely cards of yours is making me more impatient. Especially love the last card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're going to love the paper Rachel. I had trouble deciding which sheet to cut, keen to make a similar layout with the others

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards, Liz. That DSP is very pretty. The last card is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Judy, yes I love the way it shows off how pretty the patterned paper is.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all your tips Liz. Fabulous cards and good to see that DSP in use, I haven't been tempted until now! Love all the cards you've created and great idea to send a card - might just go do that and hope the rest of the team will too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards Liz, it's amazing what you can create with leftovers. I'm loving the glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Liz, looks like your mojo is back with these pretty cards x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for