Skip to main content

CTC#229 Sad Farewell to a great RETIRING PUNCH

Welcome back for your Sunday night craft inspiration. Time to look at retiring punches and what the team has made with them this week.
I rarely sell off my retired punches and this season will be the same.
I am sad to see quite a few of them retire but I do have a soft spot for the mini punches so I've created a little flower birthday card using the punches that form part of the bold bright Happiness Blooms suite, although my card incorporates the soft new gorgeous colour Seaside Spray.

I have to confess I haven't used these as much as I should have but they really are sweet.

I've used the tiny daisy punch from the set and punched out a whole pile of these- it's a great way to use up scraps. There's 3 different flower shapes in this set and one which punches both a leaf and a flower centre.


I have used something old- the punch, 
something new - the beautiful Sea Spry ink and cardstock,
something borrowed - time
and something blue- the beautiful new ribbon.

I love the little blue enamel dots, I will miss them too.

The background is Call Me Clover and Shimmer paint with alcohol in a spritzer using the brickwork stencil. I had planned to use white embossing paste but turns out dehydrated paste won't work!! -Guess I'll just have to place another order!!
I also spritzed another scrap of Whisper white and used this to punch out the leaves.I also added some Seaside Spray dots from the fabulous Butterfly Beauty Abounds set- I'm glad this is not retiring.


I have 2 other samples from earlier this week using some more of the tiny daisies. You can see those projects in previous posts.

Don't forget we love to see what new project you create using the same guidelines that we have. Pop a photo on our Facebook page and if your design is chosen you may end up as a guest designer with the team. Have fun!


There's so much inspiration on this bloghop, and it's a sad farewell but cruise around all the designers for more ideas, Next this week is Kathyrn


I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz



Product List

Comments

  1. Love love love. ❤️❤️❤️ What a stunning project. Gorgeous colours, love the ribbon detail, love the super sweet daisies, love the spritzing in the background. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card Liz, and the blue is so very pretty. I don't have the punch, but I can understand why you'll hang onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo pretty, Liz. Those colours work beautifully together and the little flowers are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little mini-daisies are gorgeous! So sweet. Thanks for the tips on how to create them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Liz, I just love your card. The colours work so well together and your little daisies are super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...