Skip to main content

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ).

This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects.

Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board!

Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't forget to use them. -It also makes me FEEL organised even when I'm not always working in an ordered craft room!

Two tone flora is photopolymer for easy layering. Sentiments are Cling Rubber.

Two tone flora dies - 8 open dies comprising 6 flowers, 2 leaves and the large detailed die. Some of the flowers and leaves layer over the large die.
Something Fancy Dies layer easily to create tags, the detailed tiny pieces can run through the diecut machine in the one pass.  And a big shout out to my friend Sharon Dalton from Gogango who showed me that she creates and laminates templates from all her dies. This way you can easily identify which shape will fit which sentiment when designing your cards. I have always done this for punches but I loved this idea so much I have done it also. Sharing ideas and creativity is so much at the heart of Stampin' Up! - Inspire. Create. Share.

Cutting a 2 inch strip from each piece of the 12 designs of 6 x 6 DSP allows me to create a colour board. And best of all now that I have cut into my paper I feel much better about using the rest of it instead of hoarding it !  The paper is really easy to work with and can easily be the star of the show.
As well as a colour board of paper I always add a cardstock label in each of the colours from the DSP and the ribbon. And I love to create a swatch with all the current ribbons that match so I remember to use them. You may also notice the 3 large labels here. This is a fabulous new Shimmery cardstock. I'll have more projects with it over the week.

Beginner stamper - Stamps, Ink and Paper. Who says you have to stamp directly onto card? I love stamping on the Designer Series Paper. Imagine how surprised I was to find that the paper I had chosen was also the design that was used for all the decor at the event.

It's so beautiful and it is very forgiving because the loose design will mean that  if your stamping isn't straight you can trim the paper to fix it! I have stamped a sentiment and a few leaves and the tiny floral "dottage" element.

Inside and envelope, easy peasy.

Casual Stamper - unlikely to have lots of tools ( like the Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine). Simple tools which pack a wow are perfect. The Artistic Decorative Masks, Blending Brushes, Palette Knives and Shimmery Embossing Paste are perfect for this sparkly background technique.  Add a Punched sentiment and Punch shape for accent. (bough punch, dragonfly, daisy, strawberry flower, any of these will work).
Never throw away your scraps - strips are perfect for decorating the inside.

Avid Stamper Sample  the large detailed die from the Two Tone Flora set is diecut using Sahara Sand and adhesive sheets. It is adhered directly to the beautiful NEW Fine Shimmer 12 x 12 Paper Pack ( available Jan 5). I then have layers of the Fancy Flora DSP cut using the Something Fancy Labels. The sentiment is heat embossed directly onto the Shimmer Card - this is a beautiful effect. Then I've added a few more flowers from the Two Tone Flora set and a fancy ribbon bow. I have also embossed the smaller piece of shimmer with some coloured Embossing paste and the decorative masks.  There's some of the new bling from the suite and a few gold threads teased from my favourite Christmas gold ribbon.







Catching up with friends at Centre Stage.





Curtis giving me the tap on the shoulder to get ready- nerves are bubbling away now!

Julia Quinn also presented and Paula Critchlow from Riverton was our coordinator.
What a fabulous experience, and what a great event. So grateful

I had such a great time creating with these products and I have loads more samples. Please check back over the next week as I share some more photos.
I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz
I can't share the links to the products yet as they won't be available until January 5 unless you are a demonstrator and can purchase them early.
If you would like to join my team please reach out and I'm happy to help you get set up.

Comments

  1. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, so happy that you got to present again <3
    Your samples look AMAZING!!! Cannot wait to see them in person <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The avid one is stunning. The rest are beautiful too but that one is just amazing. Can't wait till the new product is available, especially the paper. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so fabulous Liz. I am so sorry I didn't get to see you present these in person. So many great tips and tricks. Love Sharon's tip. I must do that! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

CTC#58 Christmas Decor and Gift wrapping.

Welcome back to CTC for this week's entry - to be inspired by a 3D item or giftwrap and packaging from the Occasions Catalogue.You may have arrived here from Helen's great blog, or you may be starting here, but wherever you have arrived from you are very welcome, and I hope you enjoy linking to each blog in the hop for some great ideas. I have some boxes for you today. It's always so nice to give a beautifully wrapped present - both for the giver and for the recipient. Stampin' Up! have some great options to make it easy with a big range of tag options, gorgeous ribbons and boxes and bags.... Since Christmas is also a time when budgets are stretched it's a great opportunity to take advantage of the hugely discounted items in the Clearance rack. Have you been and had a look lately? I have decided to showcase some of the great gift wrap options for you. Here are some great Gift Boxes which come flat and are super easy to assemble The gift tag is 2