Skip to main content

CTC#55 Into the Woods with Rudolph.

Welcome to my blogpage , you  may have come from the amazing Alison's great blog, or you may be starting here, either way I hope you can continue around all the designers for some inspiration. The full list of participants is here if you get lost.

This week we are CASEing the Section of the Catalogue from pages 42-45 , but since it's Christmas rapidly approaching and I'm in Chrismas creating mode around here I've found Rudolph in the woods! Actually I have been pushed for time so was looking for something quick and easy to make. The cards on the bottom page 42 are both quick makes.
This is where the Catalogue is a great resource as you can flick through for some inspiration and you can be confident that the layout will work. There's nothing more disheartening than spending a long time creating something and then feeling that the balance is somehow a little off.  Hence the CASEing the Catty philosophy. And it's always amazing to see what other designers see for inspiration from the same pages. We hope you are enjoying the Bloghop this week.  These two lights use DSP as the background and a simple banner with some unfussy stamping as the centrepiece.




I have been playing with the gorgeous Wonderland set making designs for a Christmas Card Stamp-a-stack and a good friend set me an image of a Rudolph card using some antlers from the set. I don't know who created the original but I took inspiration from them and has lots of fun making tags, and little 3x3 notecards with the design, so Thankyou. I used the Antlers form Wonderland, some red glimmer paper and some Goggle eyes stuck on with Tombow- too easy!

 The larger card is done the same way with some BSP form Morning Meadow behind. I didn't have any timber elements, but the cardstock is punched with the hexagon punch and simply snipped off one edge to get the right shape.

My original post finished here, but I had really hoped to make a card using Lighthearted Leaves as I think this is a truly beautiful set and it was one of my first purchases from the catalogue. So using the same layout I have made this Christmas card, and I have to admit I'm quite pleased with this one. The leaf- or even it could be a tree- is heat embossed with silver powder and coloured with Cucumber crush using the marking pen and the blender Pen, some real red pen in the berries and silver foil and Cucumber card again cut with the hexagon punch. the sentiment is from Festive Flurry.There isn't any cucumber crush thread, so I coloured a few strands of the the White Jute ribbon with my marking pen - you may have read this tip on one of the earlier CTC blogs. It's a really easy way to colour coordinate your embellishments.


It is really hard to photograph silver but I hope you can get the idea.

Thanks for joining us on the bloghop today, next up is Jackie, I wonder what she has created for us this week. 

Thanks for looking,

  Liz







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Your little reindeer reminds me of Olaf!! He's so CUTE! I CASEd this card too - what a great layout!! My favourite is your white tag reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, yes quick and cute, so much fun!

      Delete
  2. You've been busy, Liz! Glad you were able to share your Lighthearted Leaves card as well, very inspiring cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel, yes I was pleased to be able to add this one, it's such a gorgeous set.

      Delete
  3. Such clever and cute cards! I love your first card...he is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alison, those stick on eyes make a huge difference, and just slightly quirky angle makes them fun too! Easy to whip up quite a few at at time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Love the googly eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...