Skip to main content

CTC#58 Christmas Decor and Gift wrapping.

Welcome back to CTC for this week's entry - to be inspired by a 3D item or giftwrap and packaging from the Occasions Catalogue.You may have arrived here from Helen's great blog, or you may be starting here, but wherever you have arrived from you are very welcome, and I hope you enjoy linking to each blog in the hop for some great ideas.

I have some boxes for you today.

It's always so nice to give a beautifully wrapped present - both for the giver and for the recipient. Stampin' Up! have some great options to make it easy with a big range of tag options, gorgeous ribbons and boxes and bags....
Since Christmas is also a time when budgets are stretched it's a great opportunity to take advantage of the hugely discounted items in the Clearance rack. Have you been and had a look lately? I have decided to showcase some of the great gift wrap options for you.

Here are some great Gift Boxes which come flat and are super easy to assemble


The gift tag is 2 pieces of card cut to 2" x 5" and punched with the Tag Topper Punch. the lower piece is gold foil and the upper piece of Kraft has the word cut with the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Die(139659). Super quick and easy, tied together with some Thin Gold Ribbon (134583). The box is wrapped with a belly band made from 2x 12" strips of DSP from the Season of Cheer paper cut 2" wide and joined together under the tag. I have wrapped the box with 3 layers of the Gold Cording Trim(139618). I'm really sad this is not continuing after January so make sure you stock up on it - at $8.75 for 22.9 m (0.38c/m) it's pretty good value, but even better it ties so well and the texture of the cord means that it stays tied and doesn't slip on itself. The silver is also gorgeous. The tag is decorated with some gold embossed snowflakes made with the Festive Flurries set and the matching punch.

Extra Large Gift Box is from the Clearance Rack
132147
Food safe Kraft Card
$3.95 for pack of 3 - only 0.92ceach (were $6.95)
15.2 x 15.2 x 11.1cm  (6 x 6 x 4 3/8) They are a good size, and easy to decorate. Of course you can stamp directly onto the box prior to assembly.

This shows the large box underneath and the smaller window box on top.
The Decorative Window Box is also from the Clearance Rack
132146 food safe Kraft
$3.59 for a pack of 6 (down from $8.95) , that's only 0.60c each.
10.2 x 10.2 x 3.8cm  (4 x 4 x 1 1/2")

These are a good size for a set of 3x3notecards and envelopes. This is a little set I have made with Lighthearted Leaves and Black Glimmer Paper - two more items on the retiring list from the Occasions Catalogue and not available after January 4 or if sold out sooner. I have been playing a lot with this set and you can see some more samples in earlier posts here.



There are also some amazing ribbons on the Clearance Rack
Seam Binding  is beautiful and soft and ties easily into lovely soft bows as shown above. At $4.79 per roll of 9.1m (down from $11.96)  it's 0.53c/m which is great value. I have used soft sky here , but pool party is also available and looks great with the traditional colours of Red and Green.

Chevron Ribbon is a great weight and ties wonderful bows and is available in a range of colours. At $6.39 per roll of 9.1m it's a great saving from the original $15.95. 
Christmas Colour schemes could be
131151 Island Indigo with silver and white
130016 Marina Mist with silver and white or Silver and Green
130019 Crushed Curry with gold and burlap and/or lace

There are other great ribbons on the clearance rack which would also work well for Christmas- Mossy Meadow and Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon.

For all these great products you can find them through the Shop Now button on the right hand side of the page here, or at my Stampin' Up! homepage,  or you can contact me directly through commenting  here, or my facebook page or email and I will happily help you order your Christmas Gift Wrapping supplies.

For more wonderful ideas you can check out the rest of the design team at CASEing the Catty.
Next on the hop is Julia, check out her gorgeous project.



Thanks for looking, 

Liz





Comments

  1. Your boxes look so pretty wrapped in ribbon & decorated. How awesome is that clearance rack. I have been buying these boxes too for my Christmas gift packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I do love a good box- and I love a bargain!

      Delete
  2. Great way to showcase our great boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, don't you just love Christmas?

      Delete
  3. You've done a great job on all these boxes, Liz. Sounds like it would be worth checking out clearance and getting some for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas using the boxes, the kraft boxes come in handy so much for Christmas gifts each year for me and I love the trims you have made with the ribbons and wreath. Great idea of using the box to make a set of cards too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, after looking at the other posts in this bloghop I'm thinking of stamping on a few of them before I add the ribbons next

      Delete
  5. Love your boxes! Thanks for the inspiration for my stamp club ladies Christmas present!!! I just got those boxes off the Rack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, no worries They are a good buy!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful array of pretty packaging ideas & the notecard set is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I have made quite a few sets of notecards lately, and the box is a great size.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for