Skip to main content

Just Add Ink#286 - just add something with 'W'

Well what could be more W - or more Australian - than a Windmill?

This is a brand new Die made by an Australian Company and I knew I needed to have it as soon as I saw it. We live in Central Qld, and spent several years in Longreach ( a beautiful place) where the landscape is dotted with plenty of Windmills. On the wide flat plains they make an impressive silhouette at any time of day,  but sunsets are the best. 
I use a lot of pieces of vintage maps on my cards and this is the case here. It is not a Central Qld map,but the colours appealed to me to match the Soft Suede and Early Espresso Coredinations   Cardstock which I have used here and sanded a little. The little "hello" is from Teeny Tiny 
Sentiments, and Gorgeous Grunge added a little depth to the base piece.


My Envelope Punch Board was very handy to make the square envelope to match with some paper from the Venetian Romance pack.

I will have some cards like these available at the next Handmade Expo Markets here in Rockhampton Nov 14th. Plus, of course,  I make to order if you are interested in cards like these.

thanks for looking, 
Liz



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. The windmill looks fabulous cut from Core'dinations cardstock, Liz. I must say, this isn't a sight we're used to around Melbourne, but love that you've created something that is close to your heart, from your part of the country. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, Melbourne is a beautiful place too, but there is something about Rural Australia, and the amazingly resilient people who live and work in our harsh land that is awe inspiring. I guess windmills are a symbol of invention and evolution too.

      Delete
  2. What a great die Liz - the distressing really gives it a well worn outback look! Mixing it with the map is a really lovely detail too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...