Skip to main content

TCTC#2 a blushing valentine using FMS#219 and The Paper Players #278

Just a super quick post to get this card lodged in time with FMS before I go away on a little trip.
Using the colours from TCTC#2
 
And the theme challenge from the paper players.


The colours are the base of the new paper stack Love Blossoms and there are so many great papers in this stack but I settled on these two.
The card central panel is made using the inlaid embossing technique, using blushing bride flowers cut with the new Rose Garden framelits, adhered to the crumb cake and then the entire panel was embossed using the now retired script folder. I added some extra sponging using a dauber for a little more depth. And of course with all things Valentine you need some sparkle. so the Wink of Stella is painted generously onto the blossoms.



the What I love Sale a Bration set was perfect for the leaves and the valentine sentiment.



thanks for looking, Liz
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Hi Liz, love your glittery die cut flowers for your cute Valentine card. Thanks for playing along at The Colour Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love the way you did the inlaid technique and then embossed for the texturing. The Wink of Stella gives the appearance of even more texture. Really beautifully designed and created! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cindy, it is a great sketch. And I am in love with Stella!

      Delete
  3. This is such a fabulous card! I love the mix of image and colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Narelle, FMS is such a great challenge. I enjoyed making this card,and with the sparkle it's prettier IRL, love those framelits.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. Love the softness and elegance of the card and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty! I love the sparkle,a very elegant card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the soft, silver heart. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...