Skip to main content

CTC#148 using Kits for Inspritation

Welsome to this week's challenge0- usingany of the kits as inspiration for your project. The kits are fabulous but it was an easy choice for me. I fell i love with the beautiful Hello Friend stamp set on page 17 of the annual catalogue. And while I haven't purchased the kit, I have had the stampset for quite a while and I have been inspired by the cards shown in the kit.



This card sort of gets a bit lost in the photo but it was really fun to make. I heat embossed onto shimmer paper because I prefer the look you get with watercolour wash on the shimmer.
 Two of the cards is stamped and cut out the flowers, but 2 are just stamped directly which was much faster. The hardest part was tying those little twine bows! but they do add a little pizazz.


This is a set for the coming Christmas market stalls. I am loving the new acetate boxes. They just make it all too easy. Thanks Stampin' Up!


Don't forget we love to see what inspires you from the catalogue. Please post a photo of what you create to our Facebook Page.



NExt on the hop this week is Sandra, be sure and hop all the way around for some gorgeous ideas.
 Before me this week is Angela

If you would like any of these products to play with yourself, just click on the image of the products below and it will take you directly to my online store.

Have a creative week! 

Thanks for looking, and remember

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"
Liz

Comments

  1. Oh how pretty! I love the colours you have used. Gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant at the watercolour wash! These cards are just lovely, and I agree about the acetate boxes. They look great and these cards make such a perfect kit. What an awesome case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards! Love the colours you've used and you have me seriously relooking at that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours on the watercolour wash Liz. I love the acetate boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous Elizabeth and they make a great set to go in the acetate boxes xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a stunning set of cards Julia! Those colours over your Embossing are just gorgeous! Hope your stall at the Christmas Market goes well. I'm sure this card set will be a great seller! Whoever gets their hands on this box of gorgeous cards is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards Elizabeth. I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Liz! I love the colours. I bet that shimmer looks amazing in person. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous are these! Love this colour combo too. Just lovely Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for