Skip to main content

colour INKspiration #42, Mint and Copper Kitchen inspiration

Welcome back for another round of Colour INKspiration. And what a stunning colour palette we have this week for CI#42.
It's no secret that Mint Macaron is one of my favourite greens - and green is probably my favourite colour, so I loved this combination.
I love the copper bowls and the farmhouse feel in the Inspo pic so it was an easy jump to the Country Home stamp set and the copper jug and milk urn. I often have ginger flowers in my kitchen and they are very tall so I love the idea of a very tall arrangement in a big jug.
I heat embossed the images using copper powder on the copper foil and fussy cut them. It was easiest to cut through the bottom join of the jug handle to cut the excess away, and then just glue it back in place.
I stamped a row of kitchen tiles and sponged champagne shimmer paint on the black embossed strip.
The greenery is just stamped in place - very easy. The distINKtive design on the Wishing You Well set is wonderful.
Youmight get a slightly clearer view of the 2 vessels in this shot


Since I ended up with lots of bits I made a few alternatives.
Champagne shimmer paint on white embossed card. Leaves from Petal Palette suite and Jar of Love. The Milk can is embossed with black on copper, think I like the copper on copper better.
The rest of the Shimmer on Black embossed panel. And a few leaves and things that were lying in "The Useful Box" 
and a simple inside treatment
The easiest way to get the handle cut out on the jug. A few other bits and pieces seemed to work together too!

I'm sandwiched between two Nics this week. 
Before me on the hop this week is fabulous Nicki Spencer, wasn't her sweet bicycle just so cute. Next  this week is the talented Nicole in WA. You're going to love her project. 

And don't forget we love to see what you post. Upload a photo of your project to our Facebook page. It's so fun to see how everyone interperets the same colours and the huge variety of projects.


I hope you have a creative week and remember,
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Product List

Comments

  1. oh wow oh wow!! Love the copper vases!! And the stamped greenery!! and the tiles in the background. Totally gorgeous cards! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz! Copper on copper = total gorgeousness! I love all of these and the tip on how to cut the handle has left me asking in a very whiny voice why I didn't think of that! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...