Skip to main content

Father's Day meets the Mason Jar Punch bundle - the woodworker's version

How do you really say thankyou to your Dad? It's a tough one. 
But hopefully one of these will bring a smile to my Dad's face.
 I have been having lots of fun creating some cards for Father's Day to stock at Our Shop. I did see another card somewhere which sparked the idea for the woodworker's card but I can't find the original to give credit, but I want to thank you for your brilliant idea. I've had lots of fun creating these. I don't know anything about screws, and a real woodworker would probably not put these 2 different types together but I'm OK with the mix! My Dad's workshop did have rows of jars and the lids were all screwed to the underside of a shelf- a space saving tip that he was quite proud of.
The Mason Jar Punch and the self adhesive shaker domes makes it so easy
This card uses strips of different timber papers adhered to a scrap piece of card like parquetry, then trimmed to a neat rectangle. I also add further dimension by running the whole piece through the embossing folder- Hardwood. Naturally the grains don't line up but I like the overall effect.

I have used some retired alphabet stamps to create "dad", but the current Well Said set for "the best of you has made the best of me", which I thought was perfect for Father's Day. I was also able to use that set to create the "Happy Father's Day". Some of the cards say "You're amazing and that's a fact" from the "Strong and Beautiful" set which at first glance appears to be a Mother's day set, but is totally relevant to Dad's too. "You have truly been a shining example to me" is on the inside on some for example.

If you want to create your own cards like these you can find all the products here.


My brother sent me this meme which we all laughed about, maybe you can relate

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...