Skip to main content

JAI#518 Thinking of you Acetate Tent Card



It's been a long tine since I played with any challenges but I always come back to Just Add Ink. This week Jan has totally inspired me with her Acetate Tent Card and I just had to CASE her. (sunflowers and all, thankyou Jan)

I made both a Thinking of You card, 

and a Thankyou card, and I loved the process.


The tutorial is at Spilt Coast Stampers here

But here are the measurements I used for Australia.

    Cardstock    14.8 x 21    Score at 4cm, 14.5cm, 17cm and 19.5cm

                        14.8 x 1.2cm to emboss for front strip

    Acetate         14.8 x 10.2

    DSP / shimmer white    14.8 x 10.2 

After creating the sunflower card I also opted for one with the DSP inside- but what to decorate it with? I had fun going back to an old set I haven't used for a while. After I heat embossed the butterflies I watercolour painted them using the colour palette from the Art series DSP as inspiration. Very relaxing to paint today.

The sending hugs sentiment is also new- from the Lots to Celebrate stampset

I was really excited to see the Envelope Dies in the new mini catalogue and this is the first real play with them, the curved strip was perfect. And the decorative cutout strip dressed up my cardfront quite easily. I had some retired Bermuda Bay foil which was very handy for the accents. 

 I would just advise being very careful when you run it through the die cutting machine. As it is wide and you have to cut it with the card stock running across the platform rather than lengthwise, you want to be sure it is completely protected within the edges of the cutting plate. I have had previous problems damaging my dies because I was rushing!

I wanted to leave the bottom plain rather than add more diecuts but it needed a little something so I embossed a narrow strip and lightly sponged it and stuck it on the outside.

    

The cute little corner stamp match the  cutout shapes from the front flap.

This will fold flat to post in a regular C6 envelop, but I think I'll hold it closed with a simple strip (1cm) of plain paper as a belly band for posting.


You can see another sample of this style of card here and Oct 10 2020

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies to create this yourself you can simply click on the individual links or the images below.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz




Product List

Comments

  1. Both of these cards are so gorgeous Liz and so much better than mine!! I love the monochrome of your sunflower one and the sweet butterflies are so pretty! Thank you for sharing about the envelope dies - such a great fit for the top of the cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab Liz. My Envelope Dies just arrived yesterday and you've given me so many mores ways to use them. Great to see you back. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love this idea with the Envelope Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I love this idea with the Envelope Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Liz. A very good tip about being careful & taking time with the wider dies - I learnt that one the hard way myself. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Liz and a great way to use these envelope dies that create the perfect boarder. Chantell Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Liz! The acetate with some colour coming through makes for a gorgeous and fun look! A fantastic way to use the envelope dies too! Might have to get them now. Thanks for sharing and playing along this week at Just Add Ink! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

CTC#58 Christmas Decor and Gift wrapping.

Welcome back to CTC for this week's entry - to be inspired by a 3D item or giftwrap and packaging from the Occasions Catalogue.You may have arrived here from Helen's great blog, or you may be starting here, but wherever you have arrived from you are very welcome, and I hope you enjoy linking to each blog in the hop for some great ideas. I have some boxes for you today. It's always so nice to give a beautifully wrapped present - both for the giver and for the recipient. Stampin' Up! have some great options to make it easy with a big range of tag options, gorgeous ribbons and boxes and bags.... Since Christmas is also a time when budgets are stretched it's a great opportunity to take advantage of the hugely discounted items in the Clearance rack. Have you been and had a look lately? I have decided to showcase some of the great gift wrap options for you. Here are some great Gift Boxes which come flat and are super easy to assemble The gift tag is 2