Skip to main content

JAI#518 Thinking of you Acetate Tent Card



It's been a long tine since I played with any challenges but I always come back to Just Add Ink. This week Jan has totally inspired me with her Acetate Tent Card and I just had to CASE her. (sunflowers and all, thankyou Jan)

I made both a Thinking of You card, 

and a Thankyou card, and I loved the process.


The tutorial is at Spilt Coast Stampers here. 

But here are the measurements I used for Australia.

    Cardstock    14.8 x 21    Score at 4cm, 14.5cm, 17cm and 19.5cm

                        14.8 x 1.2cm to emboss for front strip

    Acetate         14.8 x 10.2

    DSP / shimmer white    14.8 x 10.2 

After creating the sunflower card I also opted for one with the DSP inside- but what to decorate it with? I had fun going back to an old set I haven't used for a while. After I heat embossed the butterflies I watercolour painted them using the colour palette from the Art series DSP as inspiration. Very relaxing to paint today.

The sending hugs sentiment is also new- from the Lots to Celebrate stampset

I was really excited to see the Envelope Dies in the new mini catalogue and this is the first real play with them, the curved strip was perfect. And the decorative cutout strip dressed up my cardfront quite easily. I had some retired Bermuda Bay foil which was very handy for the accents. 

 I would just advise being very careful when you run it through the die cutting machine. As it is wide and you have to cut it with the card stock running across the platform rather than lengthwise, you want to be sure it is completely protected within the edges of the cutting plate. I have had previous problems damaging my dies because I was rushing!

I wanted to leave the bottom plain rather than add more diecuts but it needed a little something so I embossed a narrow strip and lightly sponged it and stuck it on the outside.

    

The cute little corner stamp match the  cutout shapes from the front flap.

This will fold flat to post in a regular C6 envelop, but I think I'll hold it closed with a simple strip (1cm) of plain paper as a belly band for posting.


You can see another sample of this style of card here and Oct 10 2020

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies to create this yourself you can simply click on the individual links or the images below.

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 
"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz




Product List

Comments

  1. Both of these cards are so gorgeous Liz and so much better than mine!! I love the monochrome of your sunflower one and the sweet butterflies are so pretty! Thank you for sharing about the envelope dies - such a great fit for the top of the cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab Liz. My Envelope Dies just arrived yesterday and you've given me so many mores ways to use them. Great to see you back. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love this idea with the Envelope Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I love this idea with the Envelope Dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Liz. A very good tip about being careful & taking time with the wider dies - I learnt that one the hard way myself. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Liz and a great way to use these envelope dies that create the perfect boarder. Chantell Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Liz! The acetate with some colour coming through makes for a gorgeous and fun look! A fantastic way to use the envelope dies too! Might have to get them now. Thanks for sharing and playing along this week at Just Add Ink! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...