Skip to main content

August Card Class Bay Window Cards using Charming Floral and painting with Wink of Stella

I am so late sharing these projects as we have been super busy unpacking and setting up at home now that the renovations are finally finished. It feels so nice to be in - and to have my new craft room set up. I feel so very lucky.

We created 2 Bay Window cards during this class. You can find the easiest measurements and some other samples on this post from July 26

There were 3 different paper and colour combinations but the measurements and technique was the same for all of them.

To create the focal point we stamped and diecut the flowers from Charming Day. I press the inkpad onto a clear block to create a patch of coloured ink, then I pick up this colour with a small paintbrush and then colour the images being sure to leave some white space beside each of the lines to create depth. For a special sparkly effect I painted them using a Wink of Stella as the paint brush. (It doesn't show up very well in the photo but it is lovely). Once you have finished painting with each colour, you simply wipe the Wink of Stella on some scrap paper until it runs clear again, then move onto the next colour. Super simple, and very effective.


We used 3 different DSP background papers 

1. Perennial Lavender. Colouring was with Gorgeous Grape and Lost Lagoon. I stamped the images in Gorgeous Grape also.

I like to paint the puter edges of each petal dark ( start here) and as the colour paints on the brush strokes become lighter. You can keep adding as much colour as you need until you are happy with the effect.


The inside had minimal sponging and some simple stamping for texture. Pretty Peacock and Silver foil made the "stopper" to hold the card open so it stands up.



2. Lovely Garden DSP coordinated with Secret Sky and Two Tone Misty Moonlight cardstock, and also Fresh Freesia for accents.



3. Celebratory Sips DSP coordinated with Mossy Meadow Two Tone cardstock and Berry Burst for the flowers - such a strong pink!!






The sentiments came from Mixed Labels which is a terrific all purpose set. Sadly, this is on the Last Chance list which is a good bargain but I'll be sorry to see this set go. Make sure you add it to your collection before it's gone.

The Bay Window cards are so easy and effective I hope you have a go at this design.

I will post the other cards from this class shortly which use the fabulous Sunflower Embossing Folder

I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"
cheers, Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...