Skip to main content

Aqua Painter Sympathy with an old favourite


I was asked to do a sympathy card which is always hard. Pocket Silhouettes (sadly retired) is an old faithful and didn't let me down today. I used Watercolour Paper which gives such a nice finish and stamped the first layer of leaves in Not Quite Navy. after each colour addition I used the aqua painter to blend the colours and give some depth. Other layers of plants are in Certainly Celery and the last in Old Olive. the sky is done using Bashful Blue and More Mustard for the golden glow. One tip I learned a long time ago is to use the markers and draw a patch of ink on the surface of the clear-mount blocks and pick the colour up from here with the aqua painter. The little butterfly is from an old Sale a Bration Set and is bashful blue with Not Quite Navy marker added just around the edge (sort of rock and roll technique). The watercolour panel is then mounted on Not Quite Navy cardstock and sits flat on the Naturals Ivory Card. The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts. ...And of course the inside is decorated. I used a thin strip trimmed from the finished panel and some torn not quite navy card (sorry the photo is not straight).
The spare panel I did at the same time came in handy for another card which uses Marina Mist Polka Dot DSP and Not Quite Navy card for the mats. I used the Always Artichoke marker too and while I didn't use any sentiment the card is scored both horizontally and vertically using the Score Board., and has a bow and a touch of silver bling. Thanks for looking, Liz

I have another aqua painted sample for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...