Sometimes the inspiration for a card comes from the stamps, and sometimes it's the Paper.The Botanical Gazette DSP is now retired but this card came together easily using the text paper as an inspiration. It reminded me of that old fashioned book style with drawings and illustrations aplenty. I created a strip of background images using the Night of Navy and the French Foliage Leaf and Text stamps, and used them also on the Crumb Cake piece to create the sentiment. The Label stamp is also retired but still useful with the Decorative Label punch behind it. I often die Seam binding to match my work by just scrunching the ribbon and mashing it into the ink pad surface - in this case Soft Suede. The Kindness matters images also fitted into the theme of this card and I cut one of the bees from another piece of DSP in the Botanical Gazette Set. Other bits and pieces from my own museum like stash of odds and ends! Thanks for looking Liz
The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz