Skip to main content

CTC#140 Inspired by the Babies and Kids section

Hello and welcome back for another week of inspiration from the Catalogue. This week we are using pages 102-111.
Have you ever seen a set in the catalogue that was a "Must Have" item which you find hard to use once you have it in your hands?? The Bookcase Builder set was one of those for me. But I am happy that thanks to CTC now that I have had it out I am much more comfortable with it. I challenged myself to CASE the card on page 105 and see what I could come up with. I even managed to get some Father's Day cards done as well. It is quite a versatile set once you get going with it.
I love that you can stamp the images individually or put them all on a block to stamp backgrounds in a hurry.





I sold all my baby girl cards at last week's markets so need a few to replenish my stash. But I couldn't make a girl card and not mirror it with a boy card.
This image from page 105 shows you both the inspiration card and the fabulous images in the stamp set.
The catalogue sample is a one layer card but I made mine narrow panels and raised them up with a coloured mat. The enamel shapes are perfect for the wee heart in the frame, and I didn't add any other embellishments.



The sentiment for the baby boy version is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments- still one of my most used sets.
 



And then it seemed a great way to stamp a Father's Day card. My card doesn't actually say "Father's Day" so you could use it for many different occasions. But my Dad is certainly "Top Shelf" - and an avid reader so he'll be seeing one like this! The picture frame and trophy are embossed with copper, but the candlestick is embossed with silver. The Sentiments are from "Tabs for Everything" other than "top shelf" which I created using the long retired alphabet rotary stamp  (I know, I know Kelly Kent I really need the Labeller Alphabet set- it's still on the wish list!) oh and the ampersand is from Lovely words (Inside & Out)



I used another set- Mixed Drinks for the inside sentiment and again used the trophy, as well as 2 little images from Tabs for Everything


Se we'd love to see what you create, be sure and use the inspiration pages, create a card and post a photo of it on our Facebook Group page. Make sure to mention which card you are using as your springboard.


Before me this week is my friend Krissy, she's a whizz at Baby cards

And next this week is Megan, I can't wait to see what she has made to inspire us this week


Thanks for looking, and remember 
"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"
Liz

You can click on any of these images to see more detail or to purchase from my online store.

Comments

  1. Great selection of cards Elizabeth, it's such a versatile set - Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Fantastic case. Marvellous ideas. Love the Father's Day card. So clever. Great taste in cards to case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three amazing cards! Love the layers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Liz. Your Father's Day version is very clever. I've been very inspired by the cards made this week with this set. I might succumb yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards and the sentiments on the Father's Day cards! Awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossed images on the Father's Day card Elizabeth. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love how you've adapted it from babies to fathers day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cards, love how they're all purpose built gender wise. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing cards Liz. I love how you have made cards for different occasions here. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your versions Liz. Matting them makes them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever way to build up the sentiments on the Fathers Day version. Really love the embossing too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

GDP #277 a gorgeous colour combination with Pretty Perennials

The Pretty Perennials Stampset is gorgeous to use on its own but the floral dies really do add a little something special. My card this week matches the colour challenge at the Global Design Project. I have stamped directly onto the Oh so Ombre DSP which is a free Sale A Bration item with a qualifying purchase for the rest of this month. I love the tone on tone stamping for added depth. I have gone over the Happy with Wink of Stella but it's not easy to photograph. The teeny heart is a teeny leftover of some retired Blushing Bride Glimmer paper and I have also incorporated other retired embellishments like the library clip and crystal button - I do love to use them up. Pink and florals - a perfect match. Here's what I used. Product List Pretty Perennials Photopolymer Stamp Set [ 154435 ] $31.00 Pretty Perennials Bundle [ 156234 ] $78.25 Oh So Ombre 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper [ 155225 ] $0.00 Roco...

New In colour 2025-2027 cards and the FABULOUS Extraordinary Flora Washi Tape.

Don't you love it when a single product creates enough elements to decorate a bunch of cards at one time? The Extraordinary Flora Washi tape is one of those products. I created these for my upcoming Catalogue Launch. I put the Washi onto Basic Beige to cut these flowers and love how it coordinates with the Basic Beige card base. To create these cards I trimmed 2.5cm from the front edge and adhered a 3.5cm strip of DSP to the inside of the card to give an added layer. These were easy to put together. Darling Duckling Secret Sea Strawberry Slush Timid Tiger Cloud Clover June 3 - 30 Stampin Up has an amazing offer where you can get 50% off any second product from a suite. So for example if you were to purchase the Extraordinary Flora Die you would be able to buy the tape at 50% off. Please reach out if you want more information on this great deal. You can see all the available suites in my online store. I am loving all the new colours.  I hope you have a creative week and remember,...

CTC#48 Who doesn't love new DSP

Welcome back to CASEing the Catty for this round. You may have come from Rachel's beautiful project  or you maybe starting here. There are lots of great posts to visit. This week we are using new Designer Series paper from the Holiday Catalogue - and who doesn't love a pack of new paper? The problem of course is which one to choose.... followed by the problem of actually having to CUT into a pristine pack. ....I know you all know what I mean. I have lots of photos for you today to try and show off some of the designs, but it's not easy to capture and they always look so much better in real life. I have purchased two packs - the Happy Haunting pack on page 47, which I was inspired to get purely from the background piece on the Lighthearted Leaves card on page 44. I don't celebrate Halloween, nor am I usually all that partial to Orange shades, but maybe that's changing! because I really like the designs. The pack has several papers that are specifically...